Thank you to Reclaiming Hope for tagging me. I’m recovering from an ovarian cyst rupture that couldn’t stop bleeding due to blood thinners, and this was the perfect kind of thing to do while in bed 😉
What is the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’?
It is a nomination given to bloggers by bloggers. If someone nominates you, it means that you’re one of 11 people whom they find inspiring, and brings sunshine into the lives of your readers. If you decide to continue the tradition, then follow these simple rules!
Rules for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog;
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 new questions; and
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your site.
Here’s what Reclaiming Hope asked me, and my answers to them!
1. What would you like us to know about you?
I’m just a normal person, like any one of you. My dreams, hopes and fears aren’t that different from yours despite my chronic illnesses.
2. What inspires you?
Other people. Particularly strong women who keep rising against life’s circumstances. Sometimes these are fictitious characters in books or movies/TV series, but it works just the same!
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. What is your goal for your blog?
I would like to somehow turn it into a career. To earn a living from it and help others at the same time.
5. Would you share one of your favorite quotes?
Wow, I love quotes, so this is a hard one! My Instagram is full of quotes 😉 But I’ve always loved this one by St. Francis of Assissi:
“Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
6. What has been most rewarding for you since starting your blog?
Growing together with my readers, finding supportive people who actually understand what I’m going through, and getting back in touch with something I love to do – writing.
7. What are your hobbies?
Travelling, writing, my birds, music, languages, and flower arrangement – all at an amateur level 😉
8. If you were starting all over with your blog, what would you do differently?
I don’t think I’d do anything too differently.
9. If you had to live in any time in history other than this one, what time period would you choose and why?
Perhaps during the days of Alexander the Great or the Tang Dynasty. At a time when the world was still so fresh and new for exploring. Of course, I would have to be very healthy, too! Life in those days were extremely tough, but also filled with much more wonder, imho.
10. If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would it be?
Keep writing. Whatever your pace is – once a week, once a fortnight, once a month – stick to it and don’t stop. Of course if you’re unwell or in hospital, don’t feel guilty! Relax and recuperate. It would be ironic to fall sicker writing a health blog 😉
11. What has been your most useful life lesson?
Accepting myself, flaws and all, and life’s circumstances. Acceptance is such a relief.
My Nominees for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’
And now here are my nominees; it was honestly difficult to pick only 11! There are some great people whom I interact with on various social media who don’t have a blog, or I’d tag them too. The underlying themes to these blogs are consistent quality, well researched information and/or heartfelt stories. The people behind the writing inspire me in their own different ways, too. In no particular order:
- Layla from Bladder Help
- Sarah from The Pain Companion
- Ava from My Meena Life
- Stacey from Chronically Whole
- Sarah from My Stripy Life
- Matt from Surviving My Past
- Cheyanne from Hospital Princess
- Sarah from Blood Clot Recovery
- Casey from Casey the College Celiac
- Jayne from The Daily Manic
- Brittany from A Southern Celiac
My List of 11 Questions for the Nominees
I’ll try to avoid anything too standard which you might have already repeated many times :p
- What is your greatest fear in life?
- What is your biggest dream or ambition in life?
- What are your hopes for the future?
- Where are you on your journey towards acceptance?
- What about a healthy person do you envy the most?
- What is the best lesson you’ve learned from living with chronic illnesses?
- Of all the different kinds of pain you experience, which do you find the most unbearable?
- What do you find most beautiful about life?
- What is your biggest strength, and how does this help you cope with your everyday life?
- What is your biggest weakness, and how does this hinder your everyday life?
- What is one thought that you rarely vocalise, because people brush it off or tell you off?
I’m really looking forward to reading your answers, and hope you’ll join in! But if not, I will continue reading your blogs of course – they’re too enjoyable to stop doing so 🙂 Keep up with the excellent work, and the unique ways you use to raise awareness!
If you liked this article, sign up for our mailing list here so you don’t miss out on our latest posts!