A Resource on Disability, Travel & Culture
I’ve always been interested in cultures, specifically the differences, and what’s considered ‘normal’ to each. Since I’m already paying for the inLinkz tool (affiliate link), I figured I’d create more linkups just for fun, on top of the monthly ones I run for those with chronic illnesses. If you have another good linkup idea you’d like to see, let me know in the comments below!
This one will be about the ins and outs of the city or town you live in, in relation to the quality of life as someone with an (invisible) illness. Keep it to just one location, but if you feel compelled to share about another place you grew up or lived in as well, feel free to submit a separate entry. This is to keep the repository of information as uncluttered and accessible as possible.
There’s no closing date to this linkup, so take your time. My hope is that you have some fun, read something educational, and share something insightful here. If you don’t own a blog but still want to participate, let me know and I’ll publish it on mine if suitable.
How to Participate
- Copy and paste the list of 10 questions below into a new post on your blog.
- Answer them as best as you can, but skip the ones that you can’t. Then publish the post to your blog.
- Add the published URL to this page, by clicking on the blue ‘Add Your Link’ button below. Do include the name of your city or town as the first word in the title, as there’s a character limit.
- Leave a comment on at least two other blog posts in this linkup, for every entry that you submit. If you like, you can also share your favourite entries to your social media!
- Share this main linkup page to at least one of your social media outlets to help spread the word around.
- Failure to follow these rules might get you blacklisted from future linkups. Let’s keep it fair for all 🙂
Thank you and have fun! Can’t wait to learn more about where you come from, and all its nuances that only you would know about 🙂
Q&A: What’s the Quality of Life Like in Your City with an Invisible Illness?
- Best thing about your city for living with chronic illness?
- Worst thing about your city for living with chronic illness?
- How accessible do you think your city is in general?
- How educated is the public on chronic illnesses there?
- If you could pass one new law in your country, what would that be?
- Which is your favourite city or country (other than your own) and why?
- Where in the world would you visit, if disability, illness or level of fitness weren’t an issue?
- What sort of alternative treatments or therapies wouldn’t raise any eyebrows there? (Perhaps it’s ingrained in the culture, totally legal, etc).
- Which are the most and least affordable therapies there? How much do they cost in general?
- How expensive is it to live with a chronic illness there? Any stats you’d like to share to give a clearer picture?
- What are the hospitals like in terms of service, quality of care, emergency room protocols, etc?
- What should foreigners be aware of in regards to healthcare, if they want to visit or work in your city?
*Note: This article is meant for educational purposes, and is based on each person’s individual experiences and circumstances. It is not to be substituted for medical advice. Please consult your own doctor before changing or adding new treatment protocols.
If you liked this article, sign up for our mailing list here so you don’t miss out on our latest posts! You will also receive an e-book full of uplifting messages, quotes and illustrations, as a token of appreciation!
I’m new to all this and just learning the ropes of blogging, but just came across this and, wow, what a great idea! Just reading through some of the blogs of others on this topic and found it really interesting to read about other places (probably because I’m nosey…) but will work on my own experiences of life in rural England and post when done 🙂
It would be super awesome if you did that… this is one of my personal favs to read… a bit of an armchair travel, curiosity and it’s just interesting to see how others with chronic illness live elsewhere!
I love that this linkup is open indefinitely so that I can keep coming back for more! Just added my link and hope that I did it right. Looking forward to hopping over to every city! Thank you for having me. xoxo
I am so happy to see a new addition to this linkup, it’s one of my fav topics to read about! Will definitely read it soon! xxx
What a great idea! I’ve just added my link – I think I did it correctly. Can’t wait to read everyone else’s posts, its fascinating to read about different places around the world.
Yay, so awesome to have you onboard as well! Yes, you posted it correctly 🙂 Can’t wait to read and share.
Oh I am UP for joining in on this! Has anyone done London yet? Or Barcelona?
Would be super awesome to have you share with us too, Jenny!! The more knowledge the merrier, and what better way to learn and hear about stuff than locals, and people who’ve actually lived and experienced the place for themselves! No one’s done London or Barcelona yet, but even if they do, please don’t hesitate to share your own view as well. Perspectives can be so different 🙂 x
Count me in on this one.
Yay can’t wait to read your answers!! 🙂 If there are more questions you think should be added – let me know! This is not set in stone, and I honestly would love to learn more about how life is altered for all types of conditions in various places 🙂 xx