A Happy New Year to all my friends (and strangers) on the blog! It’s time for the first linkup of the year, as we kickstart with January! I’m personally smiling, as I watch 2019 fade into the distance. It wasn’t the best one, and I’m glad for a fresh start. 2020 will be good, I just know it. I want to believe this. What will you be focussing on in January and in 2020? Come share with January’s writing prompts; I can’t wait to read them as always! x
What It’s All About
It is a monthly get together for anyone with chronic illnesses. An opportunity to share, to listen, and to learn from one another. I also think it’s a great way to provide insight into life with chronic pain, from many different points of view. All you have to do is write a short excerpt for at least three of the listed prompts, and publish it on your blog. Then click on the blue ‘Add Link’ button below to add your blog entry here. Voilà, you’re now part of the party!
A Few Simple Rules:
- Only 1 link per website.
- Do comment on at least 2 other blog posts in this linkup if you participate. Helping to spread the word on your social media is always appreciated, but not required.
- This linkup starts on the 1st of every month. There will be 5 different prompts. It will close at the end of each month before midnight. All timings listed are in Singapore time (+8 GMT).
- Pick at least 3 of the prompts to write about. 5 is best, of course! 😉
- We also ask that you share this main link to at least one of your social media outlets within the same month.
- Failure to follow these rules might get you blacklisted from future linkups. Let’s keep it fair for all 🙂
Prompts for the Month
A new year is always a good time to purge, be they junk, possessions, thoughts, habits, toxic relationships, or anything else really! You could even be doing a purge of unnecessary photos and apps on your phone and laptop. Time to tidy, declutter, or marie-kondo!
Are you seizing onto any opportunities, truths or affirmations for the new year? Or perhaps you are seized by certain fears, dread, or one of your favourite machines might have seized up.
Are you opening any new doors, your heart, or your mind to new ways of thinking? You could also be opening a can of worms, or even be making something open source. Something could also be an eye-opener for you.
Once again, it’s a great time of the year to revamp, and either upgrade or start anew. It could be something to do with yourself, your blog, work, living space, routine, or even your hair and style!
This is one of the best times of the year to visualise and envision something better and bigger for yourself. Go for it – whatever’s been on your mind for a long time 🙂
You can find the previous linkups on this page, if you needed reference or wanted to read them.
If you liked this article, sign up for our mailing list here so you don’t miss out on our latest posts! You will also receive an e-book full of uplifting messages, quotes and illustrations, as a token of appreciation!