About This Blog
A Chronic Voice is a health, wellness and chronic illness blog. I write most of the content here, but I welcome guest posts, too. Do read some of the ‘Published’ posts before you submit a pitch, to get a feel of the tone and type of content preferred here. Do take note of the following guidelines before you contribute your idea or pitch using the contact form below.
- Content must be unpublished elsewhere, including your own blog.
- It would be great if you could refer me to some articles that you’ve written before.
- You can pitch your idea first to see if it will be a good fit.
- After pitch approval, please send the final, error-free draft to me. I may edit it further before publishing, or reject it for any reason.
- An average word count would be around 700. But I rather have quality in every sentence, and do not mind less or more.
- You may link up to two of your own blog posts within the guest post, if they are relevant.
- You may link up to five external sources, if they are relevant.
- All facts and statistics you use must link back to the original source. The source should be a credible one, such as a governmental or educational body.
- You should get a response within 2 weeks. If you don’t, feel free to follow up with me again.
- It would be great if you could provide some pictures to go along with the post. I will create the featured and Pinterest image on my end for consistency purposes.
- Do include a photo and short bio about yourself (approximately 150 words), as well as all your social media links.
- There will be no payment for guest posts from bloggers. It is meant for cross-promotional purposes, and I will share it to all my social media channels.
Guest Posts Others Have Contributed to the Blog
Here’s a sample of top 10 guest posts on the blog, written by people with chronic and/or mental illnesses. Each piece has an important story to tell, or point to make:
- Why Self-Acceptance is Important When You Have a Chronic Illness
- 7 Ways to Be a Better Friend to Someone with a Chronic Illness (and 3 Things You Should Never Do)
- I May be Chronically Ill, but I’m Also Chronically Resilient
- How Speech Recognition Makes Living with Disability Easier (with Tutorials to Get You Started)
- 3 Reasons Why I Don’t Let Chronic Illness Prevent Me from Living a Normal Life
- Finding Your Self Behind the Illness (Your Story Isn’t Over Yet)
- Empathizing with a Spoonie: What You Need to Know
- The Stories We Tell Ourselves: Prisons or Paths to Freedom
- Does Illness Form Part of Your Identity?
- When Autoimmune Disorder Ravages Your Face (and How That Led to My Body Dysmorphic Disorder)
Advertisements & Sponsored Posts
If you are looking to advertise on my blog, social media, or would like me to review a product, you can use the form to contact me as well.
Feel free to get in touch for any other questions you may have as well!
Guest Post Submission
Submit your guest post ideas or questions here.
If you liked this article, sign up for our mailing list here so you don’t miss out on our latest posts! You will also receive an e-book full of uplifting messages, quotes and illustrations, as a token of appreciation!
Help to Pin & Share: