What I Do & Why
I have been running “A Chronic Voice” since 2015, with more than 25,000+ followers across four social media platforms to date. My primary audience are those with chronic and mental health conditions, who are looking for support, information, tips and resources on how to manage pain and improve their quality of life.
Apart from that, I work on providing educational material to the general public that are backed by facts and research. I also strive to humanise and articulate pain experiences, which are often misunderstood in modern society. I want to close the gap between the sick and healthy, doctor and layperson alike. We are all human, and we need to work together if we want a better society to live in.
How May I Help You?
Here are some services that I offer. Package rates for combination and contract work are available as well. Contact me for more specific enquiries.
- Sponsored Posts & Reviews
Educational & research articles, and/or reviews of your product, service, app, etc published to this blog.
Sidebar text and banner ads, social media promotion, etc.
- Content Writing
Articles written for your website or blog, either on a one-off or recurrent basis.
- Social Media Management
Management or takeovers of your social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Includes post scheduling using tools such as Buffer & Tailwind, audience interaction, ad promotions, etc.
- Chronic Illness Bloggers’ Network Recruitment
Finding the most suitable bloggers for niche chronic illness/disability/health topics through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Our bloggers have a combined reach of 4 million patients, and we have experience working with a wide variety of brands.
- Web Development
My Published Writing Works
A reference list of my writing works, published to various news and media outlets.
- How to Rewire Your Brain to Manage Chronic Pain (& Resources to Help)
- Why You Need a Good Therapist on Your Healthcare Team (Based on My Personal Experiences)
- Tips & Tools to Help Regain Independence with a Disability or Chronic Illness
- Useful Home Resources I Never Knew Existed (and Learned About from Other Chronic Illness Blogs)
- Getting to Know My Gut Bacteria (and What Probiotics I Need)
- What is it Like to Live with a Heart Rhythm Disorder?
- YuYu Hot Water Bottle Review: ‘Surround Warmth’ for Pain Relief
- What It’s like to Live with Chronic Hair Loss
- “Make Great Light” Review: UV Light Filters for Instant Indoor Protection
- Flotation Therapy at Palm Avenue Float Club: Did it do Anything for My Chronic Pain?
- This is What Hell Must Feel Like
- So This is What a Seizure Feels Like
- Don’t Compare, Your Life Destination is Your Own Special Mission
- What Neverending Pain Reveals to You
- The Strange Sensations on a Train in China
- I Am a Rebel—Even If I Don’t Look Like One to You
- Learning What You’re Worth When You Have Nothing in Your Life
- It’s time to go to work…by sleeping
- How to be a Positive Thinker: Without the Unicorns & Rainbows
- I Have No Purpose in Life, and Therein Lies My Purpose
- Why Fear Will Hurt You In The Long Run
- 11 Visible Signs That Provide Evidence of an ‘Invisible’ Illness
- 3 Reminders for the Days Depression Leaves You Feeling Defeated
- Why I Look Forward to Getting Older With Chronic Illness
- To the Person Wondering, ‘Is My Doctor Right for Me?’
- 4 Things Healthy People Do That Can Affect Those With Weak Immune Systems
- My Strategy for When the Pain Is Unbearable
- 9 Acts of Kindness That Have Brought Me Joy in the Midst of Pain
- To the People Who Think My Pain Is ‘No Big Deal’
- When the Effects of My Chronic Stress Could No Longer Be Ignored
- When the Person Being Unkind About Your Chronic Illness Is You
- When Loved Ones Can’t Comprehend What We Go Through With Our Chronic Illnesses
- The Poem That Reminds Me We Are All Living Miracles
- What Does ‘Living With a Chronic Illness’ Really Mean?
- To the Person With Chronic Illness Who Is Impatient to Get Better
- The Chronic Illness Advice That Could Quite Literally Kill Me
- 12 Important Lessons I’ve Learned From Starting a Chronic Illness Blog
- 10 Things I Didn’t Appreciate Until I Became Chronically Ill
- When My Loved Ones’ Support Made It Harder to Recover From Health Challenges
- What I Seldom Compare Myself to After I Became Chronically Ill
- Why I Need to See 10 Different Doctors on a Regular Basis
- Yes, You’re Allowed to Feel Upset About Your Illness
- Here’s What It Takes for Me to ‘Have Fun’ While Chronically Ill
- Why My Favorite Birthday Memories Include My Chronic Pain
- How to have fun travelling with a chronic illness
- The Power and Purpose of Blogging, and Why You Should Write
- Coffee and Tea: Yin and Yang
Latest Sponsored Posts
Brit + Co
Send me a message for rates and enquiries.