Join Our Online Community Through These Linkups
You may be wondering, ‘what are linkups’? In the blogging world, it is a a term used when bloggers come together to share their blog posts on a single page. There is usually a common theme or writing prompts. Linkups can be done using a comments thread. I use inLinkz (affiliate link), which allows me to display everyone’s post in nice little thumbnails for easy reference.
What’s the Point to These Linkups?
There are a number of fantastic reasons why you might consider joining one of our linkups:
- Community. Using shared writing prompts, we explore thoughts and goals living with chronic illness both as an individual, and as a group. You are not alone, and our struggles are universal ones as human beings. Reading and sharing these thoughts can help to brighten your perspective, or bring some comfort.
- Advocacy. By sharing about your rare conditions and illnesses, you immediately raise awareness about them. Unless you take the blog post down, it will be there as a resource for others who may be struggling with a new diagnosis.
- Self-Care, Awareness & Healing. Research has proven the many benefits of writing and journaling for mental, emotional, and even physical health. When you participate in a linkup, you reflect upon your life and express it through your writing. This in turn can help to stimulate healing. Get creative (or keep it simple, it doesn’t matter!), and bring some joy and hope back into your life.
How Do I Get Started?
The ‘Timeless Linkups’ do not have a deadline to them. You can take your time to answer the questions, and add your knowledge to the repository when you’re ready. They aim to provide insight from a wider perspective, from voices all over the world.
The ‘Monthly Linkup Parties’ occur every month, with five new writing prompts to challenge you, or help break that writer’s block. Don’t know what to blog about? Why not try these prompts? You can also format them however you like. Whilst you may break them down for reflection prompt by prompt, many people also write evergreen posts that combine these prompts.
I aim to share as many of your posts on my social media as possible as well, to help spread the word around. Click on each individual link below for more information on how to participate.
- “A Day in the Life” Linkup: What’s it Like to Live with a Disability or Chronic Illness?
- Invisible Cities Linkup: Pros & Cons of Living with Chronic Illness in Your City
Monthly Linkup Party for People with Chronic Illnesses
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
Sign up for our mailing list here so you don’t miss out on our latest posts! You will also receive an e-book full of uplifting messages, quotes and illustrations, as a token of appreciation!